Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Its a strange world!!

Finally i make it back to Nairobi. And my luggage too...very important! However, it may take several weeks to get "all of myself" back to Nairobi:)
Meanwhile, i have had time to wonder at the strange things that keep happening in the world-early this morning, the news; that the Bahrain national football (soccer) team was reported to have played a friendly match against the Togolese national team, a few days ago. They won the game by 3 goals to nothing. Sounds fine, doesn't it? Nothing wrong!

Only that the Togolese Football federation later got wind of the 'friendly-match' that they 'lost' and complained that they never sent their national team to Bahrain in the first place!! Therefore, the Bahrain-ians played a 'fake Togolese' football team:)) Very strange-i think! Someone from the Bahranian officials should have asked for Emmanuel Adebayor!!

On a different note, later this evening, it was also reported that the Nigerian president, Goodluck Jonathan, had declared his intention to run for presidency in 2011. Nothing wrong with this too, right?!

What i find strange, is that, President Goodluck, chose to make his 'declaration' on the social networking site Facebook. Top officials of his party and close supporters of his, confirmed that the announcement was indeed, 'genuine' , unlike the 'fake' Togolese team. I wish him 'good-luck!'
President Goodluck Jonathan

Below is an excerpt of the declaration. This blogger could not independently confirm that it is not 'fake' :)
----------
'Today, I confirm that after wide and thorough consultations spanning the six geo-political zones that make up Nigeria, with members of my family, my party, the opposition, civil society, the Private Sector, members of the Labour Unions, religious leaders, youths and student groups and our revered traditional institutions, I Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by the grace of God hereby offer myself and my services to the Nigerian people as a candidate for the office of President in the forth coming 2011 elections. In presenting myself for service, I make no pretense that I have a magic wand that will solve all of Nigeria’s problems or that I am the most intelligent Nigerian. Far from it. What I do promise is this – If I am elected President in 2011, I will make a covenant with you the Nigerian people to always do right by you, to tell you the truth at all times, to carry you along and most importantly to listen to you, fellow citizens in our communities and also those of you on this page.'





No comments:

Post a Comment